“Ten Library Service Myths Each Librarian Must Challenge”
Section of the Library 2. Series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
10 Library Assistance Myths – is it time to query what we assume we currently know about using treatment of patrons’ requires in the library? This overview session is a further in our “Essential Librarian Collection,” for all library employees and library leaders to look at specified longhand beliefs about serving patrons that want extra thought. A dialogue guide, as effectively as the presentation slides, will be obtainable to all who take part.
This 60-minute schooling webinar is offered by Library 2. and hosted by ALA author and library support, security, and safety skilled, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
We will explore how several of these 10 assistance ideas you have approved, taken to be accurate, or even rationalized:
- The Consumer Is Constantly Proper.
- The Golden Rule is a superior rule of thumb.
- Multi-tasking whilst aiding patrons saves us time and work.
- Smiling and utilizing a patron’s name a number of times in the discussion is a great thought.
- It is never ever okay to convey to patrons “no” and halt aiding them you’re finished when they are carried out.
- Superior company expertise just just can’t be taught you either have them or you do not.
- When picking to employ a company personnel with experience vs . enthusiasm, seek the services of for practical experience.
- You simply cannot repair an employee’s terrible company frame of mind.
- Library employees are not authorized to be blunt and direct with patrons.
- Providing incorrect information and facts to a patron is not that major of a offer we all make blunders.
Day: Friday, July 29, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Eastern Time
- $99/person – incorporates any-time accessibility to the recording and the presentation slides and getting a participation certificate. To set up team special discounts (see below), to post a invest in get, or for any registration problems or concerns, email email@example.com.
- No cost for individuals on specific or group all-entry passes (see beneath).
Click on In this article to pay. You can fork out there by credit history card, and will acquire an e mail within a day with data on how to attend the webinar are living and then your permanent entry to the webinar recording. If you have any difficulties registering for a webinar, if you require to be invoiced or shell out by check out, or if you have any concerns, remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: please test your spam folder if you never obtain your affirmation e mail correct away.
Exclusive Team RATES (e-mail email@example.com to prepare):
- Many individual log-ins and access from the same business compensated together: $75 each individual for 3+ registrations, $65 every for 5+ registrations. Limitless and non-expiring access for people log-ins.
- The ability to demonstrate the webinar (dwell or recorded) to a team positioned in the similar physical spot or in the very same digital meeting from a single log-in: $299.
- Significant-scale institutional entry for viewing with individual login ability: $499 (hosted either at Library 2. or in Specialized niche Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring accessibility for all those log-ins.
- All-access yearly passes include things like limitless obtain to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s past Library 2. webinars, furthermore dwell and recorded access to his new webinars for a single yr. These are hosted both at Library 2. or Area of interest Academy (if most well-liked).
- For a $499 person all-obtain yearly move to all of Dr. Albrecht’s stay webinars and recordings for one calendar year, remember to click on in this article.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has qualified countless numbers of library staff in 28+ states, stay and on the internet, in company, security, security, and supervision. His systems are quick, entertaining, and present equipment that can be set to use right away in the library workspace with all types of patrons. In 2015, the ALA released his e-book, Library Safety: Greater Communication, Safer Facilities. He is at this time producing the sequel, The Risk-free Library: Retaining Buyers, Staff, and Collections Protected, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve retains a doctoral diploma in Business enterprise Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Security Administration, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-certified in HR, safety management, staff coaching, and risk assessment.
He has created 24 textbooks on organization, stability, and leadership subjects. He life with six pet dogs, two cats, and three chickens. (Not all in the same area, of study course.)
WEBINAR RECORDINGS Offered: